TAKE PART • WIN $100
This photograph was taken during a weekend visit to my brother's house. His backyard shares a property line with Fort Bragg. He will often watch the soldiers practice parachute air drops and flight maneuvers with his children from the back deck. They particularly like it when the tanks are dropped from airplanes.
That morning I woke before the rest of the household, looked out the window and saw a beautiful foggy sunrise. I took this picture "hanging" out the second story window of the room I was staying in. If I had been in a different room, I would have missed the spectacular view that the second story allowed.
It was a bit challenging because I am terribly afraid of heights. So, when I say "hanging" out the window, I really mean leaning on the edge of the window sill. I did not have time to set up a tripod, so my elbows and the sill needed to make due. Five minutes later, the lighting had completely changed and the picture would have been nothing but the sun glaring behind the trees. This is a great example of being in the right place at the right time. I am truly pleased with how it came out and I am not sure I could ever duplicate it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor