This image was taken during an inspiring photography workshop in Truckee, California. The location is not difficult to reach and the manner in which we arrived was classic, as we motored into Emerald Bay aboard a vintage wooden boat.
The weather was perfect for a boat ride but less than ideal for creating moody images. However, the backlight on this lone tree hanging precariously over the water's edge attracted my eye. I also hoped that the three tall redwoods in the distance would lead the viewer through this special scene.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor