TAKE PART • WIN $100
Us photographers are all too familiar with the feeling of doubt when we plan our photography excursions. "What if this rain doesn't clear?" or "What if this hike is all for nothing?" are common thoughts that run through my head when I'm thinking of going out to shoot. This photo started exactly like that. It was a stormy weekend afternoon when I was working on some photos in my office. I decided to take a quick peak at the forecast for the coast since it's about a hundred kilometers away from my house.
The forecast called for a clearing around sunset so my girlfriend and I set out on one of the most wet and stressful drives through the middle of Vancouver Island. My head was full of doubts the entire way there, but once we set foot on the beach and had our first glimpse at the horizon, I could tell it was going to be a good one. We scrambled up the hiking trail to one of my favourite lookouts and made it just in time before the sun set. This was the first photo I took that evening. The setting sun illuminated the remaining atmosphere left by the storm, making for a very moody photograph of Tofino. Though most trips don't usually end with a victory, it's all of those failures that make a scene like this worth it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor