One of the key reasons I love to rent a car as opposed to going on an organised tour is the ability to drive off the beaten path to discover scenes that you would miss while driving on main roads (not even considering that it becomes a 'photo out of a bus window' as you whiz by).
I was on one of these self-driving holidays in England, staying in B&Bs (which I love) and exploring the back roads, pubs, people and scenery. At one point, I pulled over to check my map (no GPS in the car) and looked across to find this extraordinary scene before my eyes. There was heather as far as the eye could see, along with extraordinary shades of green (and, yes, these are the actual colours I witnessed that day).
Northumberland is an extraordinary area of the UK filled with beautiful scenery, castles, and national parks.
An idyllic scene punctuated by a lovely English farm. Perfection!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor