Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This is one of my favourite views of Ullswater, a lake in the English Lake District.
It’s a view across Ullswater just after dawn towards Wall Holm Island, taken from near Glenridding on a very still autumnal morning, with the mist just rising from the fells in the background.
I took this in blank and white as the scene was very monochromatic on this particular morning, and I felt it emphasised the mist and the layers in the scene.
Ullswater is a very pretty lake and is not as crowded as the more popular lakes such as lake Windermere. We pretty much had the place to ourselves during our stay in late November.
There are a few pull-ins around the lake where you can stop but be prepared for a trek sometimes to get the best viewpoint. There are plenty of opportunities for landscape photography here especially during the winter months when there are mists on the lakes and snow on the fells.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor