Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Autumn and Winter seasons bring dramatic skies so my seascaping photographic gear is always ready to go!
I live near the South Devon coast and this time of the year the sun sets out to sea. Wembury is a picturesque village and is very popular in summer for holiday makers yet so peaceful on a dull cloudy day. That’s when you can expect spectacular skies to develop especially at sunset. The horizon is visible from my house so if I saw a thick clouds with a clear gap on the horizon out to sea I knew something special may happen at sundown. The sky can completely light up in minutes and disappear just as quick. I’m lucky I could get to the beach in minutes.
On this particularly day I had finished work and driving into the village saw the most breathtaking cloud formations over the ocean. Thirty minutes before sundown the colours started appearing so I rushed to the sandy beach. The tide was low and outgoing exposing beautifully wet reflective sand. I had never seen a sky quite like it. It was surreal with unusual clouds and wonderful colours.
I had the beach to myself so composition was easy after I got my breath back and started enjoying it. I wading into the waves trying to capture the sea currents and movement. The resulting image was created in camera with a 0.25 second exposure and was almost unbelievable so a little gentle post processing kept it real.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor