I was actually photographing the other direction which is a well known view of the Toronto, Ontario skyline during sunset when I looked over my shoulder in response to a sound behind me and saw this view instead. The light playing off the crags in the rocks and catching in the clouds was incredible and I quickly realized this was the better shot.
Thankfully I always keep my old camera body with me as well and had a wide lens on it to catch this before it vanished.
It was a reminder that sometimes its best to not go into a location with a plan of what you are looking for.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor