This little barn on the hill overlooks a quaint little creek that meanders through the countryside.
I originally had gone out to shoot an old iron girder bridge across the road before it underwent construction and modification but there was something about the light that glowed through the cloud cover this evening that made the barn more appealing.
I had tried to shoot this scene a year before but the shadows that fell down the hill always seemed to detract from the scene or became the focal point and that wasn't what I wanted.
I was glad to see the diffused light actually softened everything and let me play around with the framing without having to worry about contrast.
I did get the bridge shot too but this wound up being the highlight of the night surprisingly.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor