Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Views abound at Monument Valley, and many images showcase the famous Mitten Buttes. We spent the night on the rim in a cabin owned by the Navajo Nation. In the morning, we looked out at the grand panorama of the buttes with the sunrise directly in front of us. However, looking to the west I saw gorgeous red colors illuminated by the rising sun on "nameless" formations. The colors were breathtaking.
There are both individual cabins and a hotel at the Navajo Tribal Park, all of which afford a view of the valley. Spring, winter and fall are cooler for a visit. This image was made in late April. If you stay at the park, it's possible to drive through the valley later in the day when the light is better for photography.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor