Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This was taken many years ago using the much missed Kodakchrome 25 asa transparency film, my 'go-to' film for years, as I waited for yet another sunset looking west over the (Derbyshire) 'Dark Peak' from Beeley Moor.
The moor, one of the so called eastern Moors is on a high plateau that faces west over a wide valley bottom. Several miles later the peaks rise in the west. It is a fantastic place for huge and quick weather changes and wonderful sunsets.
The alternating bands of almost black cloud over the orange sky really caught my eye and I struggled to get any sharp enough, hand holding the camera (I couldn't afford a tripod back then as a 17 year old! Though at least my hands were steadier at such a low iso, using the ever trusty 135mm lens to isolate the patterns. This was the only one to come through. It was scanned by Exposure 22 on a Nikon Coolscan V and apart from a little lightening in Preview is as it came.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor