TAKE PART • WIN $100
Sometimes the most beautiful light comes just before sunrise or just after sunset. As a lover of light, I always look forward to these times and for the surprises that are in store. In early June 2021, I visited the wild and wonderful area of West Virginia known as Canaan Valley.
I was there for a two day photography workshop. One of the places we had the privilege to visit was the Freeland Boardwalk Trail in the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge. It's a wonderfully peaceful place with a lovely boardwalk that meanders through a valley filled with local trees, grasses, and wildflowers.
Our workshop group visited the nature trail one morning for sunrise and then a few of us met back at the trail for sunset after the workshop ended. Although sunset was pretty much a bust, the hour or so after it brought new adventures. As the last light of day faded away, we were treated to a view of a storm developing on the horizon which eventually ended with a lightning show. As the storm started forming, I watched a cloud far in the distance start to grow.
I was mesmerized with it's ever changing shape and at how fast it was growing. I took many pictures over about a 30 minute timeframe but this one is my favorite. I imagine a dragon is forming in the sky, ready to breath fire, or lightning, over the valley. How fun to watch these wonders of nature. The next time you have the opportunity to watch a sunset, I encourage you to linger a little while afterwards and just watch the magic happen. Learn to slow down and enjoy those peaceful moments as the world falls asleep.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor