The journey began in India. Our first stop was in Katmandu, Nepal, to complete some visa formalities. After that, the land route took us over a narrow mountain road towards the China border. After checking in at the border checkpoint, we crossed over into Tibet.
The road from there runs east-west of nearly 800 miles in length. There were several overnight stops to get acclimatised to the higher altitudes. It was physically draining for some older and weak folks among us.
Ultimate destination is the trailhead of Kailash Mountain base point. The 22-mile trek surrounding Mount Kailash starts at around 14000 feet and reaches 18000 feet at the highest point. There were two overnight stops along the way. Many pilgrims prefer to walk the whole distance, but some prefer the comfort of riding a horse.
This photograph was shot somewhere in the first leg of the trek. All along the trek, we noticed Buddhist prayer flags.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor