TAKE PART • WIN $100
A very early wake up time was required to get this image. I had to wait until the light from the rising sun was just right, ie. illuminating both the sea, the black sand and the beautifully shaped piece of ice. The ice on the beach, which is on the Southern Coast of Iceland, calves from the near by glacier and gets trapped in the lagoon. For up to 5 years the icebergs are trapped in the lagoon getting smaller and smaller due to the tidal waters, until they can be washed out to sea, where the motion of the waves brings them back onto the beach, then rolls it back out to sea and back in again. This the icebergs get smaller and smaller. The whole ice beach is an amazing sight, especially if there is a colourful sunrise.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor