The fog was spectacular at Mapourika Lake in New Zealand in the early morning hours. As it lifted off the lake, it created an ethereal look at the base of the snow-peaked mountains.
This was my first picture at the lake - the one I took quickly so I wouldn't miss the foggy beauty. I took many more images, but I loved looking through the foliage at the snow, with a palm tree centred in the image, which I associate with tropical climates.
Since it was a quick photo, I took this with the ISO already set in my camera, and the camera modified the shutter speed. I shot this on aperture priority.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor