Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Vermont's fall foliage season is almost mythical, with so many shades of red, orange and yellows. Busloads of "Leaf Peepers" ohh and ahh over the gorgeous mountains and picturesque small towns made only more picturesque with trees showing off their brightest colors. While the hills are alive with falls's finest, this year in particular, grassy fields were also alive. Whites, blacks, and camel colors peeked out among the green grasses and fallen, still vibrant red, orange and yellow leaves. This was definitely the year of the mushrooms, alive because of the soggy late summer.
Most prevalent were the shaggy mane mushrooms. I walked among them in a grassy field, waiting patiently for the sun to highlight the gold top and the lacy texture on the cap. I imagined that this mushroom was bowing to the vivid red and yellow leaves fallen around it.
The image was taken with a Lensbaby Velvet 5.6, which is often used at a larger aperture to produce beautiful bokeh. Taken with an f/4 the background blur highlighted the cap.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor