Falling Spring Falls is a beautiful waterfall tucked away in the Alleghany Highlands of Central Virginia. I have visited this waterfall a couple of times in the Summer months over the past few years. However, I was recently in the area this fall.
I came up to Central Virginia to do some photography work for an architectural client of mine, and my hotel was just an hour away from the falls. Once I finished what I originally came up with, I decided to take a nice scenic drive with my wife and enjoy the autumn color, which was at its peak.
We got to the falls just after sunset, and clouds rolled in. This was great as the clouds acted as a natural filter, providing even light over the falls. After about five minutes of working on the scene, I walked away with a few images I liked; this vertical frame was my favorite.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor