I live in a country where fall colors are fantastic. Like most photographers in my region, I have tons of colorful photographs of trees and mountains with blue skies. However, I prefer the mood and the light of rainy days when the colors are darker, in harmony and saturated. Depending on my intention, I try to avoid light with harsh shadows and contrasts. For this photograph, I focused on conveying the mood that many people feel about that season, which is a mix of wonder and sadness. The composition was made to emphasize the path and old fence, like a symbolic message about entering a new season.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor