Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This was during my first trip to Iceland in 2016. From day one I had already noticed that the cloud formations usually had a different structure than in my home country. This is probably due to the often strong winds in Iceland. It seems as if the wind gives the clouds a different structure, smears them, as it were.
The fast weather changes were also striking: in less than an hour the weather could change from sunny to threatening clouds.
This image was taken just before dusk. Contrary to what you might expect when you see this cloudy sky, there was no thunderstorm, no heavy rain, it just blew by.
When I returned to Iceland 2 years later, my wife came along too. She is not into photography at all, but she can enjoy unspoilt nature. We were barely an hour away from the airport and she spontaneously reacted to the cloudy skies she saw. She immediately noticed that different structure, which she called a '3D effect'. She also understood why I wanted to go back to Iceland, and this was only confirmed in the following days. Now she wants to go back, and so do I, of course.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor