Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
At an elevation of 6,545 feet, The Watchman is truly the Sentinel guardian of Zion National Park. Towering 2,600 feet above the floor of Zion Canyon, The Watchman stands with the regalia of vigilance, surveying all that must pass its watchful eye while entering this hallowed land.
In Latin the word “Deus” translates to “Gods Place”. In ancient Hebrew scripture, the name Zion describes a place appointed by the Lord where his followers can live and serve God; a “City of Holiness,” a “City of Refuge,” where the Lord protects his people from the evils in the world.
The first human presence in the region dates back 8,000 years, with the Virgin Anasazi and Parowan Fremont Tribes being the first documented communities to inhabit the Southern Utah region.
The indigenous Southern Paiute peoples referred to Zion as “Mukuntuweap,” meaning “the place where the Great Spirit dwells”.
Presenting its stunning Navajo Sandstone rock monolith, carved over 150 million years by the North Fork and Virgin River’s, The Watchman serves notice that this is a sacred place on earth, a geologic masterpiece, unmatched in its majestic elegance and spiritual powers.
And with the fading sunlight on this winter days last light, The Watchman in Zion National Park served notice that I was indeed not alone, that there was peace and tranquility within the confines of this sacred land, a pious land where the Great Spirit dwells and angels grace the heavens, in this, the land of “Deus”.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor