TAKE PART • WIN $100
We had driven out from our campsite to the top of the lunette where we had a view across the dark western plains - flat salt bush as far as we could see, but to the east there was a growing intensity to the sunrise. Initially just a slit of red, but it quickly filled the sky above us as if the sky burned with an intensity suggestive of what was to come. Then just a smudge of fire on the horizon that quickly became a blinding light that became impossible to photograph. I managed to get this shot off before turning away. A second or so later the glare was far too intense, and I was concerned I would damage my camera. It was my first time out with a new lens, the Pentax DA* 300mm F4, not your normal landscape lens, but I was pleased with this shot. Despite the fireworks in the sky it was quite cold with a biting wind, and after some more shots of the spectacular dawn we headed back to camp.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor