I planed the shot before leaving Canada. I wanted to show why the castle was built at this location. As I knew that it was lighted at night, it would be great during the blue hour. Using Google maps, I planned where I should set up my tripod. Eilean Donan is recognised as one of the most iconic images of Scotland. Incidentally, a very important piece of equipment for photography in Scotland is an umbrella. Ten minutes before I took the shot, it was raining!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor