TAKE PART • WIN $100
This image was taken in the early morning hours on a photography workshop trip to Arizona. I was looking for a different perspective in photographing the cactus. Earlier in the week we worked on side lighting and backlighting which was a lot of fun. But the early morning light needed something different. I liked this group of cactus and bushes so I decided to make them a silhouette. Then I noticed the moon. I wanted it in the image so placed it between the cactus arms. The sun started lighting up the clouds so I shot quickly since I knew the light would fade fast. This was the feeling I wanted for the image. The moon was the extra piece that I did not anticipate. But it definitely was worth getting up early to photograph.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor