I captured this image during a trip to Tuscany last May and it was taken shortly after sunrise at 07.41.
At this time of the year, the best light for photography is in the early morning or late evening. During the day the light becomes very harsh with temperatures often reaching up to 35 degrees centigrade. What caught my eye was the "Rolo" type of hay bales and I think adding in the Villa on the hill gives the whole image a sense of place. I find that April/May is a very good time to visit Tuscany as you can capture all the various colors and shapes in the fields at this time of year.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor