We reached Landmanalagaur just before the sun was setting behind the mountains and the view during the drive was beautiful. After checking in to the hostel, i quickly grabbed my tripod and the camera gear and raced towards this point.
Thankfully, the light was still good and there were clouds so i thought of capturing some long exposure shots of the magnificent landscape. The only challenge while capturing this photo was high wind conditions and that was the time i thanked myself for investing in a sturdy tripod. So i would suggest investing in a good and sturdy tripod for such conditions.
We were at Landmanalagaur for a few more days but the weather was not on our side. But again the weather in Iceland changes in minutes. Would suggest adding Landmanalagaur to your Iceland itinerary and stay in the lodge as there are a few day hikes in this area.
We visited this place in September and last part of the drive is on a gravel road and can be managed without a 4x4. There is a water crossing just before the Landmanalagaur campsite/lodge. If one is not comfortable with the water crossing, there is a parking option just before the water crossing and you can walk towards the campsite/lodge.
There is also a hot spring nearby where one could relax after a day's hike and enjoy the view of the surrounding valley.We were also lucky to witness northern lights during the first night of our stay.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor