On a rather temperate Christmas eve, the sun had already set, the warmer than usual air passing over the cold tidal river water made for the perfect conditions for a localized fog bank that hovered above the water. This gave the illusion that the ridge of trees on the far bank, high on a hill, was floating in the air. The tree line reminiscent of a castle, well, at least to my mind's eye floating in the clouds. The receding tide left the mudflats glistening with the blue hue of the late evening sky and the water nicely reflecting what was left of the sunset. A surreal image when you consider that at this time of year we typically have ice and snow. When I initially saw this scene unfold I had to hurry home and get my camera. This is just a short one minute drive from where I live it just goes to show that sometimes the prettiest scenes can happen right in your own backyard.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor