Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was looking through a travel magazine and came upon these amazing images of something called Tufas. I researched them and found out that they were in Mono Lake in Lee Vining, California. So we planned an RV trip from Miami to photograph them. We were there for several days before venturing into Yosemite N.P. We photographed every sunrise and sunset to capture this magical place.
The history about Mono lake and it's importance to migrating birds is another amazing story in itself. Mono lake is one of 2 inland seas in the U.S. the other being Salt Lake in Utah. Back in the '60's the City of Los Angeles decided to build aqueducts to capture the runoff from the snow melt in the Sierras. Even though the lake was fed by underground springs (which formed the Tufas) it was not enough and the lake level was dropping. A group of motivated residents decided to sue the City of Los Angeles and won thereby agreeing to leave the lake at that level but to take enough runoff for the lake and the rest for Los Angeles. This place is a definite bucket list item!!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor