Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
There are many interesting peaks along the Trans Canada Highway in Rogers Pass, British Columbia, and at a focal length of 500mm, it's easy to isolate those particularly interesting segments of a fascinating snowy landscape from what would otherwise be a pleasant but generally mundane snowy fresco.
This image of a shadow-strewn peak behind the intentionally overlooked foreground blanket-whiteness of Lookout Col is a prime example of how you can massage a dramatic mood out of an everyday afternoon mountain vista that would have been a boring, snow-blind sheet of whiteness with a typical ultra-wide 14 or 16mm landscaper's lens.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor