TAKE PART • WIN $100
This is one of my favorite images from my photo tour that I led to Patagonia a few years ago. Chile is a spectacular country to explore and the Cuernos Range in the Torres del Paine National Park is to me one of the most spectacular places on earth. We spent many days photographing wildlife, glaciers, waterfalls, spectaular mountain sunrises and sunsets as well as gauchos hearding their flocks. We experienced rain, snow, heavy fog, clear skies and the most extreme wind I have ever been in in my life. In other words, great fun and filled with photographic opportunities.
On this morning, we left our hotel in a heavy fog and were driving to a place that I thought would give us good photo opportunities when suddenly the fog began to lift and this scene revealed itself so we quickly stopped. We had only minutes to photograph this scene as the fog was rapidly streaming from left to right flowing over these foothills. Within two more minutes after this exposure, all traces of the fog were gone. Working this fast is definitely not my preferred way to work but this is the type of situation where all the time spent getting to intimately know your equipment, knowing where things are in your camera bag and being able to make quick lens and filter decisions pay off with satisfying images. I was glad I already had my 70-300mm lens on the camera so that saved me precious time.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor