Mayflower Gulch is located on Fremont Pass, just north of Leadville, CO. There is a rich history of mining in the area, and old infrastructure sits everywhere. These old cabins now play host to hikers and backcountry skiers surrounded by a beautiful sawtooth ridge around the rim of the gulch.
This particular mining village was built in the 1880s and worked into the 1900s but was eventually shut after the gold was deemed too tainted to be of any value. In 2009, Summit County, CO, purchased the mining claims to preserve the land forever for recreationists to enjoy for the foreseeable future.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor