Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Work has kept me chained to a desk lately but I managed to sneak away for a quick trip to Yosemite Valley. I was rewarded with a wonderful day spent exploring the banks of the Merced River, surrounded by vibrant fall color.
This shot was challenging. I wanted to capture the look of moving water by using a shutter speed that would allow for some motion blur but I also wanted the leaves to be sharp in focus and there was a slight breeze in the air causing the leaves to sway gently. Finding the right shutter speed was tricky. I was mostly successful. If you pixel peep you will find a couple of leaves that are softer than I was hoping for but I don't think it interferes with the overall impression. I like to think that a bit of imperfection adds to the aesthetic.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor