Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Its late spring, the quintessential Lupins, a medium-sized flower that grows in a spike formation that this area is known for, has yet to bloom, but I did a recon hike to see where they will be most plentiful and work out possible compositions when that time came. As luck would have it though, the apple blossoms were in full bloom.
It had been a bumper year in Nova Scotia for flowers of all kinds to bloom. Good amounts of rain and relatively calm winds ensured that the apple trees had retained their blossoms. This old apple tree, not part of an official orchard but rather what has been left from an old homestead was in full bloom on its foggy but calm day.
I was drawn to the textures of the blossoms against the textures of the newly formed leaves of the underlying brush. A serendipitous encounter while walking on an abandoned railway line looking for something completely different yielded this shot. It just goes to show that there is beauty in your own backyard if you just go out, take your time, be in the moment and open your mind to unforeseen possibilities.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor