It was a blissful early July morning in 2021 under a jetty somewhere in the province of Castellon, Spain. About a twenty minute drive from my summer home through rice fields and marshland, I arrived at this spot a few minutes after five in hopes to catch an interesting twilight scene before sunrise.
The sea brought in waves gently and the hidden sun painted the horizon in a dim gold. As I set up my tripod and camera I could sense that, this time around, conditions would be optimal.
I had been out to this location on several occasions, and this was indeed the most defining. Though I was expecting to get a dissipated summer mist covering or smoothing out the horizon, I got a sky of a fair tinted gold instead.
The jetty is a long leadway to a viewpoint which has been closed now for some years. Just as well, access to underneath the jetty is very frequently closed. This location is one of my favorites in the area, and although the Mediterranean twilight is very colourful in the summer time, the winter and spring seasons frequently bring in mist.
The sun rises left to the jetty, and if you are lucky and there are clouds to cover the first rays of light on the horizon, then it well be worth getting your camera in action. If the winter or spring evening twilight is misty or slightly cloudy at this location, you get what the local people call the sky "cielo malvarrosa", a "hollyhock coloured sky".
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor