The Lumberjack Candle Bridge crosses over the Kemijoki River in Rovaniemi, Finland, deep in Lapland country.
I visited in December when the weather was quite cold and foreboding. This morning shot was taken as the mist rose off the river creating lovely shadows and reflections.
The bridge got its name from the tops of the two columns where a lighting solution resembles the lumberjack’s candle, a log cut in two with a fire in between. These lights become beacons, especially in the dull weather of winter.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor