TAKE PART • WIN $100
There is more or less one single place along the entire Grand Canyon were you stand at the edge of the 1 mile drop and see the Colorado River passing right underneath your feet. This place is Toroweap, which is part of the Grand Canyon National Park. Access to this place is from the North via Fruita, UT. It is a long 60 miles off-road drive which requires preferentially four wheel drive. The last few are challenging and definitively need a high clearance. At rain or snow you better do not engage in this adventure as you most likely to certainly will get stuck. Don’t take your chances.
The best time of the year to make this trip is Summer given the alignment of the sun to the landscape. The two downturns to be there in Summer is the heat and the packed primitive camping site. On the other hand you will be spoiled with late afternoon and sunrise shooting as the Colorado River runs pretty much East to West. Don’t forget to take your ND grad filters with you to manage the high dynamic range that will be there once you include the sky and the darkness of the deep canyon gorge.
Present image is a sunset shot directing the camera West.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor