This was just one of those mornings I was not sure what to expect for light. I was praying for better weather. The weather says mostly cloudy, and it sure was cloudy when I first got to Connery Pond. No sky in sight.
As I put on my waterproof boots, multiple cars pulled up, and people ran before me. This is a very popular spot during Fall. By the time I reached the pond, I found it was flooded. Everyone that came in before me left. I was able to walk in with the waterproof boots on, but only so far.
My son Jasias and my father came along with me, and my son wore the same boots as me. He walked up and stood by my side. He asked how long are we going to be here. I said most likely not long with these clouds. I don't think I will get anything good this morning.
As he walked back to the trail, I looked up at the sky and behind me, I noticed open clouds and sky pushing exactly where I would want them to go and moving pretty quickly into my landscape. I yelled back to my son and said, "Hey, maybe it will be a bit longer than I expected, "I pointed up. Not long after that, the clouds lit up from the sun, beginning to rise to the right of the scene. This is one of my favorite spots to go to every Fall, and it just never disappoints!
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor