I was headed east one foggy winter morning on the Trans Canada Highway when the horizon ahead of me began to turn pink. There's not much room for roadside parking on the highway in the winter, so it was a bit of an issue finding a place to stop and set up; the sky getting pinker with every turn of the wheel.
I knew it wouldn't last, so when I saw the entrance to Heather Mountain Lodge, I pulled in, jumped out of the Jeep, spread the tripod legs and planted the trusty Nikon D850 on top. I watched the backlit glory ahead begin to fade as I fumbled, but I managed to squeeze off a couple of shots before the sun rose in earnest and bathed the horizon in a featureless, spotlit haze.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor