One of my favorite things to do while traveling the length of Lake Powell by houseboat is photographing the patterns in the wake behind the boat.With its crystal-clear water and vibrant sandstone canyons, you are immediately mesmerized by this unique landscape, discovering new alcoves, arches, hidden canyons and pools around every bend.
When the lake is calm, protected bays offer mirror like reflections. When photographing these glassy waters, it’s almost impossible to tell up from down, top from bottom.
When we get the houseboat moving, a little more magic appears. Our boats usually run at 3400 RPMs when traveling but when we slow it down to about 2800 to 3000 RPM’s we can create incredible patterns in the wake behind us.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor