Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
My alarm woke me at 04.45 in time to catch the sunrise in a local barley field. The weather forecast stated 3mph wind with sun and cloud so I was hopeful for interesting conditions. I was standing in the tractor tracks 30 minutes later looking across an amazing misty patchwork of green barley. The countryside bird chorus was wonderful as I admired the beauty of this agricultural scene from sunny Devon. I had worked out my compositions from visiting the field a few days before which was extremely advantageous and saved so much time.
The initial mist soon dissipated so I was pleased to have a couple of shots in the bag. I had good expectations for a decent sunrise at 05.35 and possibly the mist would drift across again. I was walking around the labyrinth of dry cracked muddy tracks in chest high barley taking many photographs as the sun lit up the landscape. The high dynamic range forced me to take several exposures for the foreground and the sky. The wispy barley spikelets (awn) were so still to enable me to shoot at ISO 100 f/11 0.25 seconds. Here’s my favourite image of that morning. It doesn’t get much better than this to start a day.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor