Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was excited about a weekend photoshoot at National Park in the centre of New Zealand's North Island and was looking to get images of the mountains and the many rivers that cross the terrain.
The weather was closing in on Friday night as I arrived, and although we had a brief spell of dry weather early morning, the mountains were covered in cloud.
During the day we photographed a number of waterfalls but the three mountains in National Park remained hidden behind the clouds. Then suddenly about an hour before sunset, the skies cleared and there the mountains stood in all their glory. We rushed out with our cameras, lenses and tripods and spent a couple of wonderful hours soaking up the beauty and trying to capture it in various images.
This image was taken after sunset as the light was fading. I'd never seen pink light on a snow covered mountain before so was thrilled to watch this and capture this image before the light disappeared. A wonderful end to a day spent hoping the clouds would clear.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor