There is an old forest a few kilometres from where I live. For many years I didn't know what treasure was hidden in it, although I passed by it several times. During the pandemic there was a lockdown for several days, during which it was forbidden to leave the district.
I love the high mountain hiking, but I couldn't get anywhere because of these rules. That's when I started walking around my neighborhood until I got to this forest. I was just taking a walk, I needed to clean my mind and think about more positive things.
Deeper in the forest I was left standing in pure amazement - 400 or 500 years old oaks had appeared in front of me and there were more and more of them. It was love at first sight. The old trees looked like living beings and that's why I call them Ents - my friends. Later I learned that the forest was a nature reserve.
I got a free pass from the Nature Conservancy so that I could go to visit it. I am not only a photographer of the Ents, I am also their protector!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor