Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
If you are willing to endure the very cold temperatures, Lake Michigan will often reward you with beautiful shots. The day that I took this photo, the temperatures were well below zero degrees Fahrenheit (seventeen below Celsius) and the winds were strong. This photo was taken at the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal Lighthouse which is located at the fully operational U.S. Coast Guard station on the Lake Michigan. The lighthouse was built in 1899 and automated in 1972. The break wall is the only section of the grounds that are open to the public. Even when the break wall is covered in ice, as in this photograph, it is open to the public to take the treacherous walk. I hesitated to submit this photo, because it appears a bit grainy. Ultimately, I decided that the graininess some how helps to reflect the very cold temperatures.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor