My favorite time of day to take photos is early morning. The colors of the sky as the sun rises make it worth getting up. Summer and Autumn are great seasons to catch the sunrise. Not only can the sky be colorful, but in the morning during the summer and autumn it is not unusual to find fog over the ground.
I always check the weather the night before I get up early. I want to make sure that there are going to be some (but not too many) clouds in the sky. I also check the dew point (a measure of moisture) and temperature. For fog to occur, the dew point must be equal (or be very close) to the temperature. Since the lowest temperatures usually occur early in the morning (generally between 5 and 7 am), the temperature will drop closest to the dew point temperature during this time.
During the morning that I took this photo, there was fog throughout the landscape. The fog gives the landscape in this photo a soft look which reminds me of a watercolor painting.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor