There is something that draws me in when I explore the Eastern Sierras in California. There are a number of lakes in this area, including high elevation lakes that take a day to hike to. Convict Lake has an easy to access parking lot with a small campground just off to the west of the parking area. There are restroom facilities, a path that circles the lake, and a number of kayakers, canoes, and fisherman/woman that frequent the lake.
The mountain-scape in the vista is a photographer's dream as it seemingly changes form and shape with every hour that passes and takes on a surreal look in stormy weather. It snows here in the winter. It is not uncommon for some of the outer edges of the lake to freeze over. There are two streams that feed the lake, that freeze over in the winter, however they still trickle below the ice. The lake is surrounded by aspens and other high mountain trees, and is 170 acres in total. I shot this in full sun with 1/250 setting on my camera in an effort to freeze the motion of the water and accentuate the reflection of the Mount Morrison.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor