Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was out exploring Cherokee Lake looking for new places to capture a sunrise when I noticed the sun coming up of a ridge along the lake shore. This photo did not require a long hike, it was literally along the side of the road (11W) heading from Morristown, TN to Bean Station, TN. The beautiful pastel colored sky paired nicely with this grouping of flowers I found leading down to the waters edge. The purple tones paired beautifully with the grey/purplish clouds providing a beautiful natural balance of color to the image.
I was able to keep all of the details in the image because the sun was just at the right spot tucked behind the trees. The overall image is a soft, airy and very spring, which is exactly what I was after.
I never do any heavy editing, I am a purist at heart. I occasionally remove dust spots and add a little contrast, other than that, this is pretty much straight from the camera. Not all beautiful images have to come from a long tedious hike, or far away, they can simply happen anywhere.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor