Minnesota has many great state parks; all of which are beautiful any time of year. I think winter in Minnesota is particularly beautiful. This photo was taken at the end of December. In addition to the beauty, one of the benefits of winter is that the sun sets much earlier than during the summer. This shot was taken at 5:14 pm. During the summer the sunset occurs as late as 9:30 pm.
Silhouettes are one of my favorite foregrounds for a sunset photo. I think a silhouette really brings out the vibrant colors of a sunset.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor