This picture was taken atop Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, Maine. From there, you can see the first sunrise in the Continental United States. On this particular early morning in late July, there were hundreds of spectators waiting to see the first sunrise.
I shot this picture using a Canon 90D with a 10-24mm wide-angle zoom lens at f/5.6 aperture for 1/3200sec and an ISO setting of 4000. Since I had forgotten my tripod, I had to make these adjustments to capture the color and limited lighting. I adjusted the exposure slightly during editing to bring up the foreground in the picture.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor