A surprise birthday trip for my sister and parents had me driving down to Death Valley from my home in Northern California in anticipation of taking pictures between family time and hiking.
After leaving work and driving 9 hours through the darkness, I arrived at my lodgings in the park and tried to grab a few hours of shut-eye. However, I knew I needed not to waste any time or opportunity to take all the chances I could to capture the epic landscape regardless of what the light revealed.
Waking up with very little sleep, I debated where to go and realized the light was coming; I ran to nearby Zabriskie Point, hoping for the best, and well, I think it surprised most of us, expecting for a faint Alpen Glow we were treated to multiple shows.
Winter is fantastic in Death Valley.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor