TAKE PART • WIN $100
Having been socially isolated for almost a year, we miss our big adventures! What we have been able to do, instead, is explore more around our local areas... That includes our home in Saint Paul, but also a family cabin near Isabella, MN. We recently spent five nights there, and my hopes had been high for a weekend of winter wonderland shooting... However, a big forecasted snowstorm drifted south of us, touching the Twin Cities but leaving us dry up north. We did get some snow the last night there though, and drove through snow-covered roads, surrounded by scenes like this, for the first few miles on the way back home.
"Winter's Veil" was captured from the side of the road... Another example of images presenting themselves at any time, often without the need for distant or strenuous hiking. As we were driving, compositions kept popping up and disappearing, usually without a safe spot to pull over to experiment. This view, however, appeared halfway through a very long, straight segment of road, where we could have easily spotted traffic from either direction - not that anyone passed! This gave me a minute to jump out of the car and, using my telephoto lens, explore some tighter, more focused scenes than were plainly visible from the road. This particular tree, with it's dense network of small branches, captured more snow and jumped out at me as a beautiful subject for a centered composition.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor