Fresh snow and bright sun were forecasted, which, from a photographic standpoint, is not necessarily the best conditions as I personally find blue skies boring. It turned out that the pass was in the fog and not above it as I had expected, and therefore, the visibility was very limited.
I decided to enjoy the beautiful fresh snow, and with snowshoes on, I went up to the little summit with the hope that, at some point, the fog would clear out, as it often happens with these conditions. It took around 20 minutes before the fog eventually cleared out and gave me a view of the beautiful landscape over the Bernese Alps. This picture was taken while the fog returned, giving that mystic feeling.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor