TAKE PART • WIN $100
“The Art of War”
A rising sun. A coming battle. Soldiers marching forward, hidden in light and shadow. I, against a complex and vanishing array of light. The battle is fought between the narrow of day and night. Heart racing as I run into the fray of battle to the snipers lair. In the distance, the clamoring of battle, WAR! Shifting light, vanishing shadows, all bring about a heightened sense of awareness. Knowing that I have but a moment to unveil mother earth to my soul. Dancing light, like marching soldiers, flanking all around me. Fevered with near madness I adjust my camera now under direct fire, yet in a systematic way I have learned from countless battles such as this. “Shoot boy, Shoot, or all will be lost!” Cries my internal commander. In a rare moment, as I squeeze down on the trigger, a calm reserve blankets me, I know, this day, it is I who has won the war!
So much was happening as I arrived later than I would have liked to this location after having difficulty finding it. Having only time enough to run down the sandy hillside to the canyon rim, racing against the rising sun. Us landscape photographers often talk of chasing the light, well here, I was racing the light. I had to select a composition with strong foreground elements to compliment the expansive landscape, and shoot, all within the few moments before the light changed to a less pleasing form. Often in landscape photography we do a lot of “hurry up and wait”, wait for the light. The fever pitch fashion of this morning brought about a rush of adrenaline as though I was at war?
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor